Saturday, July 31, 2010

New Thoughts of Life

Well I found out that my wife and I are having twins and they are both little girls. I am excited and nervous at the same time because I have been in a male dominated household all my life and for the most part been around guys simply because guys are easier to handle. But two little girls are going to be such a blessing and so much fun to watch grow and become beautiful women just like my wife. It will be trying but I think in the end it will be so much more joy than anything else!

So now with two little girls, i thought to myself this world will have challenges that i will have to face and help them understand. First, the thought of the world right now is one of self provision. Whatever is good for the self is all that matters for the greater part of society. Is that how i want my girls to view the world? Of course not!! How do i instill in them views of love and appreciation of others? The best answer is easy to say and a lot harder to actually accomplish. By example! So i have love others and try my best to have an optimistic and positive view of the world. i have to help these girls to understand that we are made for God and God wants us to shine Him into this ever darkening world. that is quite a challenge and a large task but for the sake of my children, it must be undertaken. I want my kids to look at this world and see possibilities and opportunities for them to help others and help the world to find the one true Light.
I watch the news every morning during my breakfast as a way to see what is going on in the world and to try and stay current on the news headlines. Unfortunately, as my wife told me about a year ago, she could not watch such negative stories day after day. Why is it that the news is just full of negative ideas, words, and images. we are consistently bombarded by how the world is falling apart and how people only want what is good for them. Why do we watch such news and why is that the only news that is available? I think entertainment is hard for Americans, we have everything quickly and when we want it and so we want to see things that entertain us and make us feel certain ways. I think happy stories are not as entertaining for cable companies so less is shown. So here is a challenge that i am going to work on for the coming weeks to figure out a good option. How do i provide a positive view of the world each day? I have to make positive images, words, and thoughts come through my life. How that looks, I don't know yet.

So let us do things for others and as Monty Python says, "Always look at the bright side of life."

No comments:

Post a Comment